Whenever you’re in a high profile singing career like Josh Davis Band is, it’s important to put your best first impression out there. As a singer, there are a lot of close ups of your face in both pictures and video. For this reason, many singers make it a priority to keep their smiles white and attractive. It may not seem like a big deal, but it’s something that people will notice.
Josh Davis was born in 1979 in Boone Iowa, and has spent the last 10 years in Des Moines, using it as the home base for his singing career. He started out with simple acoustic performances for friends and family and it has since grown to where it is now. His first band was the Josh Davis Band which performed mostly pop. A new band that was formed called Bright Giant, which went into much edgier rock and now it sounds like there may be more surprises in store.
Being in front of audiences as often as he is, it is no doubt that attention is paid to his appearance and the appearance of the band members. One good way to ensure that the band is putting their best foot, or face forward is by ensuring that they take care of their appearance and that means having a great smile with white teeth. Is this really important as a singer and songwriter for an edgy rock band? Yes!
First Impressions Count
Your smile and teeth are one of the first things people really see about you. If it looks dingy and yellow and unclean, people will notice and it can affect everything from the jobs you get to the people you date. If you want to get a rock star smile, it’s easy to do by taking care of your teeth and using the right products to ensure that you look your best. So what is the best way to take care of your teeth and get a terrific white smile?
- Regular brushing – brushing your teeth 2-3 times a day is very important for keeping teeth healthy and preventing plaque buildup and other unattractive problems that can occur when you don’t brush. You don’t need to over brush, but following the 2-3 times a day rule is more than likely going to be enough. The only reason to brush more often is if you have had something to drink that typically stains such as coffee, wine, cola, or grape juice. Brushing right after drinking those drinks can prevent stains from settling on the teeth
- Use a good, safe whitening toothpaste – There are a ton of whitening toothpastes out there to choose from. Some are harsher than others, and contain SLS; a widely debated ingredient that many are contributing to all kinds of potential problems such as canker sores and other irritations. If you want to avoid the chemicals look for toothpaste without SLS for a much healthier, but still effective way to get your teeth whitened.
- Use a good whitening mouthwash – mouthwash can help get rid of the bacteria and stains that brushing does not. It seems to work best when you brush first and then use the mouthwash, but due to the ingredients in some of them, you may want to limit usage to no more than once a day or every other day. If you notice sores in your mouth, the mouthwash or toothpaste may be the culprit, so keep an eye on the ingredients they contain.
- Use a straw to drink most drinks – drinking with a straw minimizes the contact your teeth have with drinks that can stain them. It is a good practice to get into if possible, for all of your drinks and will help to keep your smile bright and great looking.
- Use White strips– whitening strips used to be looked down on by Dentists, but they have become so accepted that in many offices, patients are given white strip kits to take hone and use when they want to whiten their teeth. There are many over the counter brands of white strips for you to try. Make sure to read the directions and follow them to the letter to ensure the best success.
It’s not hard to have the bright, white smile of a rock star like Josh Davis. He spends a ton of time recording songs and being in front of audiences. Songwriting is his passion and he has recorded a lot of demos that have yet to be heard by anyone yet, and may never be. He loves performing and singing for his fans and has often as well as recorded several albums. His down to earth love of music has him playing in quaint places, like The Gas Lamp where it’s like going to watch an old friend.